Berke-Weiss Law News Round Up: 2017
Berke-Weiss Law PLLC published a number of articles in 2017, and was featured in a few more, here is our round up of 2017 news:
- Associate Alex Berke was quoted in a Well Rounded article about breastfeeding protections in the Affordable Care Act.
- A Child Grows in Brooklyn published our article about "Five Things to Consider Before Telling Your Boss You're Pregnant."
- Noobie Box published our tips on recognizing pregnancy discrimination at work.
- Well Rounded published an article by Associates Rosa Aliberti and Alex Berke about Trump's family leave plan.
- PROnatal Fitness published an article by our Associates Rosa Aliberti and Alex Berke, outlining "8 Questions to Ask About Maternity Leave."
- Laurie Berke-Weiss and Alex Berke discussed paid family leave on the Akerman WorkedUp Podcast.
- Assemblywoman Aravella Simotas hosted the Pregnancy Project for a seminar in Astoria.
- Rosa Aliberti and Alex Berke's article on "Negotiating Your Own Family or Maternity Leave: Set Yourself Up for Success!" was published in the November 2017 edition of the Woman Advocate, the American Bar Association's newsletter for women litigators.
- Laurie Berke-Weiss was quoted in the New York Times about paid family leave for nannies.
- Werk published Alex Berke's article "Pregnancy in the Workplace: Knowing Your Rights."